A post dedicated to recognising other fabulous creators in the community, of course I wasn’t going to turn this one down!
I was recently nominated by the wonderful Hannah (PS, great name), to take part in the Blogger Recognition Award – a post all about my advice to new bloggers and I also dabble a bit into why I started my blog. I absolutely love love love, reading into peoples reasoning behind entering the blogging community. So, without further a do, if you’re a bit nosey like me, take a read and see where LifeWithHan came from!
Very quickly, here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story about how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog to let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
SO…Where Did LifeWithHan Come From?
Although my little corner of the internet was only created around a year ago, prior to this I had played around with the idea of blogging for a long time. Setting up a Blogger Blog back when I was in college. This didn’t last 5 minutes, as me being not too tech savvy struggled to even find the publish button.
However, the summer once I had graduated college and had just got a place at my top choice university, I decided I wanted to take a wander back into the world of blogging.
Something that I have always loved doing, is documenting my life, whether that be in a ‘dear diary…’ form, back when I was 6, to now, where I class my blog as my virtual diary. It’s something for me to look back on in years to come – admire how much I have changed and developed as a person.
When I first set up LifeWithHan, I spent a long time aimlessly writing about things that maybe I wasn’t too passionate about, I guess you could say I didn’t find my ‘niche’ right away. One year down the line however, it’s a completely different story! Chatting about all things fashion, mental health, fitness and even the odd food post thrown in there too. I’ve discovered my writing style, which I think was the hardest thing when I began my blog. I persisted though – getting myself to a stage where the content I’m creating is that of which I am happy with, still a long way to go yet though!
Top Tips For Newbies
- Stats ain’t shit. The blogging industry is that of which a lot of the time you are focussing on how to grow your audience – thus leading to it being very easy to get caught up in stats. Let me tell you now, it’s not worth it. Sure, I’m not going to sit here and deny that I wouldn’t love to have a blog that always has a lot of traffic, who wouldn’t! However, if you’re blogging for the right reasons, which is because you enjoy it – then honestly you shouldn’t let stats get you down.
- Steer clear of drama. Where possible. Much like everything else in life, theres always going to be someone who doesn’t like someone else, for one reason or another. The blogging world, being a competitive one, is unsurprisingly a bitchy one. I’ve had many moments where I’ve needed a good box of popcorn to accompany me whilst I watch the latest blogger scandal unfold on my twitter feed. Where possible (because it isn’t always possible) avoid getting yourself into these dramas – it’s a waste of time!
- Annnnddd anyone else who would like to take part!
Remember to link me all your posts if you do decide to join in!
All my love,