Yep, you read it right; this post is all about HEALTHY pizza!! Anyone who knows me will know that I LOVE pizza, or just Italian food in general, but am also into my fitness, so pizza doesn’t always fit into my diet. That was until I came up with this healthy pizza recipe that also tastes SO good. It’s around 400 calories, which is around 400-600 less calories than the average supermarket pizza, which tend to come in at about 800-1000 calories, sometimes even more.
There is no real secret to this; its just about making food swaps. So I love the thin and crispy pizza base, therefore when replacing this I came up with the idea of using a wrap, instead of dough. Not only does this majorly decrease the calories, but it also stops me from feeling so bloated after eating.
- 1 Wrap
- Tomato puree
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- Toppings of your choice
- In a bowl mix together the tomato puree, mixed herbs and also a tablespoon of water. (Adding water just thins the puree slightly, making it easier to spread)
- Spread the tomato puree mixture over the wrap, if you like the base quite strong add more tomato puree.
- Add on the cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese alongside any other toppings of your choice.
- Pop in the oven at 180 degrees for around 7 minutes, although you do want to keep an eye on it as it may take longer/shorter to cook depending on your oven. I tend to take them out when the cheese is completely melted.
This is probably one of the quickest and easiest dinners I’ve ever made, it’s perfect if I’m in a rush or just want something quick after a full day at university! I’m very plain Jane and like to just have cheese and mozzarella on my healthy pizza, but if you’re more adventurous than I am, chuck on what ever takes your fancy, providing its not pineapple, pineapple doesn’t belong on pizza.
I hope to see you all in my next post!
All my love,