What do you do on a rainy day, with an 11 year old on summer holidays, bake brownies, of course! I enlisted the help of my little brother to make some of the best brownies you’ll ever taste, I would go as far as saying they are life changing. Brownies are some of my favourite things to bake, quick and simple, so I thought that I would share my recipe with you all, because I’m sure you will love them just as much as I do, especially if you have a sweet tooth.
You will need:
185g unsalted butter
185g quality dark chocolate
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
50g white chocolate (chopped)
50g milk chocolate (chopped)
3 large eggs
275g caster sugar
Lets get baking:
1) Begin by melting together your butter and dark chocolate over a simmering pan of water. Continue to stir this until it has all melted together. Once done, leave to one side to cool.
2) Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees, grease and line a 20cm square cake tin, leave this somewhere easily accessible to later pour the brownie mixture into.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together the 3 eggs, and 275g of caster sugar. This will create a pancake type mixture. Into this you want to sieve the cocoa powder and plain flour. Once sieved, using a spatula, stir it in, using a figurer of 8 motion.
4) Now you want to add in the melted chocolate and butter mixture, along with the chopped white and milk chocolate, fold this in using the same figure of 8 motion, making sure that the chopped chocolate is distributed as evenly as possible.
5) We’re then going to pop these into the cake tin then the oven, leave to cook for around 40 minutes, at around the 25 minute mark I find it best to just check on them, and cover the top with tin foil if needed so it doesn’t burn.
6) I know the temptation is there to dive straight in and eat them right away, but leave them to cool in the tin completely. Once cooled chop up into triangles, and enjoy with a good cuppa.
I really do hope you try out this recipe because it is SO simple, you literally just chuck everything into a bowl, and then into the oven, how much more basic can you get? I have also got a YouTube video which has just gone up which filmed the whole process of me and my brother making the brownies, feel free to check that out if you wish! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWFP5ma2B8Yg9cA0FVaTGig
If any of you do decide to make the brownies, be sure to send me pictures and tell me how much they have changed your life, and that you will be baking them forever more.
All my love,